applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

How do I remove the Ice Maker from a Maytag model MFI2568AEW

Customer Question

How do I remove the Ice Maker from a Maytag model MFI2568AEW Fridge?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi thaanks for the question.

The ice maker is held on with two screws at the top of the unit.One at the front and one at the back.You just loosen them lift up on the unit It will come out

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There aren't any screws, or at least not that I can see. There is a plastic form on the bottom left side of the ice maker cabinet that appears has to be removed. Once it's removed it appears the ice maker itself will slide forward and out. There is a tab thingy that looks like it has to be moved to allow it to slide forward?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

See the two tabs at the left side at the top. the screws should be there.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hmmmm, I'm not seeing what you're pointing me to. Sorry to be thick, but please just be patient and I'll get there.

Can you reference any of the numbers on the diagram you attached?

The plastic piece numbered 21 looks to be the thing I'm trying to removed to allow the ice make to slide forward? Is that correct? Should I remove that piece or can the ice maker be removed without removing that piece?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
I cant see the # XXXXX stopping you from taking it out .The only ones I have seen are the two screws that hold it on the wall.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've been running back and forth downstairs to look for screws holding it in place and haven't found anything. Do you understand this is a french door fridge with the freezer as a pull out on the bottom of the unit? The Ice Maker is in the upper left hand corner of the fridge unit sort of encapsulated in its own little compartment. The ice despenser is in the left hand door where the ice flows out of the bin and out through the dispenser.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

I will opt out .and see if another expert can help you better,.

Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
hi, under the ice maker is a plastic piece with a slot in it, use a small flat screwdriver in the slot and remove it. Unplug ice maker wire under that cover. Now in front of the ice maker on the side wall is a tab, pull up on tab and pull ice maker toward you and off.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, what you're telling me makes a lot of sense, and I've tried in vain with a small flat screwdriver to remove that plastic piece. Is there some trick to it that I'm not seeing? Is there something inside that little slot that I have to find with the screwdriver and lift or press or something?

Try Pushing up on screwdriver to push locking lever down.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried that just now.

You know what, thanks for the help but I give up. I'll make some calls tomorrow and get someone around to fix it for me. Honestly if it's this difficult just to get the thing out then I can't imagine I'll be able to figure out what's wrong and fix it.

Thanks again.

Have a good night.