Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, model #GHW9100LW2 that, as

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, model #GHW9100LW2 that, as of yesterday, will no longer spin out. It fills with water, washes, and just sits when it's time to spin. I turned it off, unplugged it, let it sit, plugged it back in, tried again, unplugged again, let sit, changed to drain/ spin, still nothing. Can you help? Thank you!
ok there are several reasons this can happen. 1 the drain pump is clogged. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=2 the door lock switch is bad. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=on the top of the door lock assembly there is a little plastic pin sticking out this will sometimes break. check when you open the door is the little pin is sticking out. you should be able to press this in and here a faint click this is the switch behind the pin. also take the bottom cover off there are three screws straight in under the front bottom panel , take these out and remove bottom panel, then there is a turn part on the pump thats the filter make sure its not clogged. turn this counterclockwise and remove. be careful get some towels there will be some water. let me know what you find, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try this. By the way, where is the Green Accept button so I can pay you?

it should be there now, by the way I looked up your code and this is what it says.

Long Drain

If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and "F/02" is flashed.

NOTE: After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
  • Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
  • Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
  • Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
  • If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
its definetly in the drain pump. thanks Bryan