Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My front loader dryer is making noise... it sounds to me like

Customer Question

My front loader dryer is making noise... it sounds to me like the drum is rubbing on something and the exhaust fan is vibrating more than normal. I took off the front cover and I didn't see any worn or spots where rubbing had occured. Any suggestions or ideas.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if the blower wheel is loose. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you need to replace it. heres where you can get it, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-35001054-%3d%3di1068037&PartID=1068037 here are the diagrams, the other thing you need to check is the support for the drum. # XXXXX on this diagram, check this also. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took off the front pannel but I still cant get to the fan nut very well nor could I remove the fan if I got it off, not enough space. Do I need to remove the rivots and bend the metal to try to create more space? Or is their a different way to get the nut off and the fan out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check the diagrams, i'll be back. thanks,Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you need remove the cover screws # XXXXX on this diagram. then remove the cover.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't get to the screws because of a piece of metal that is part of the bottom of the dryer that 90s up about 4" and is rivited to the front of the dryer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need to bend the metal to get to the screws? Or is their a different way to get the job done?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I had a sick granddaughter yesterday and needed to attend to her. I'll check the diagrams again and see what I can find out. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Were you able to find out any additional information after rereviewing the diagrams?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
not really , this according to the diagrams should come appart with bending or removing and rivets, can you send me a picture of what part your talking about ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'll try to take some pictures... I'm using a government computer so it will be a little tricky, I'll try.

Thank you I appriciate the info thus far.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX help me see your issue better, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

It looks like it is going to be a pain to take a pic and send then from my home comp to my work comp. I'll try to break the dryer down again this weekend and see what I can do. From the info you provided, I was able to order a new fan via the link.

Thanks again

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I'll be around if you need me, thanks Bryan