Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I purchased a replacement belt for my gas dryer but need to

I purchased a replacement belt for my gas dryer but need to know how to install the pulley to take up the slack
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

can you get me make and model#? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have had it for over 20 years and do not know the make or model number. I have looked everywhere on the appliance for a number but can not find one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
canyou get me the # XXXXX the belt? also check these places for a model#, First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Dryer only, gas or electric

• Inside the door, on the cabinet frame
  • On the back of the unit, near the top
  • On the side of the unit, near the front

Washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX the belt part # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok this looks like a whirlpool or kenmore. try sending the model # XXXXX this time put a space between each #. it didnt come through.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model/Stock Number 1 1 0 8 7 6 7 0 1 0 0 7 6 7 0 1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok thats good. here are some diagrams to help. this is how the belt goes on.

Diagram H

Style: Flat with ribs

Installation Tips: Ribs against drum

you will see slots in the bottom of machine that the pulley goes into after that just follow the diagram. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i put the pulley in the slots and tried to follow the diagram but I can not take up the slack. Does the pulley just push against the belt or does the pulley come apart to thread the belt through?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry had to run out, put the pulley in the slots and feed the belt through the middle and then around the motor pulley. you have the right belt you just have to feed the entire belt through the middle of the pulley and then around the motor . thats all I can do from here.thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.