Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have an Amana gas cooktop-bought 2001 parts not available.

I have an Amana gas cooktop-bought 2001 parts not available. I was told it is "pressure regulator" -n0 way! I have natural gas not propane and pressure regulator and in line measure 6 lbs-perfect. However,the grill flame lights but as soon as the downdraft fan goes on it goes out.All the other cooking burners are fine.I have had no luck talking to Amana-they have no parts and after 3 service calls-I am getting no where fast.Since the regulator seems fine-(and I probably do not need it at all)what else can it be?
can you get me the model #? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent you the model #AKGD3050 This is all I have
how big is the flame when it lights? sorry I didnt see the model untill after I sent reply. I'm sorry but there are allot of parts that are no longer available for this , my guess is you have a bad valve but its not available. Part 498252sorry I will opt out and maybe someone else will have better luck, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The flame is not huge=if it is the valve do you know of a substitute
I have no supplier for this. sorry. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you know of any place that might have the part beside Repair Clinic? Also,is it a regular valve -what are the specs
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
While I am waiting for others-you were great Bryan,but where is the green button????
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
1.Do you know of a source for the part that was suggested and no longer available??
2.Would you suggest a substitute part
3.. Do you have any other ideas on what the problem could be if it is not the valve?
Customer/p>

which valves are you looking for, the ones on the LEFT?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1 speedy appliance sent me a picture -it was from repair clinic and is no longer available. I think the part # XXXXX XXXXX thought this was what I needed-what is your take

that number odes not mean anything that is just Repair clinics number for the part ,

Again is it on the left side????

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The cooktop is a down draft and it is modular. The grill is on the right side and 2 burner modules on the left side with the downdraft vent on the left. Does this help????
ok so it is on the right side that you are looking for the valves on then is that correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES-but I do not know if this is the problem--------it was the answer to me original question. My appliance repair people told me it was the regulator-I hired a plumber to check this out and it was perfect in pressure. I then contacted the previous person beofre you-you have his answers

ok the picture is not a regulator it is your gas valve under your temperature knob.

And you stated the gas pressure was 6 LBS ,is that correct???

The reason I ask Because if that is the reading you got that is not a correct reading .

Unless you actually meant 6 inches of water column!!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My plumber got the reading and I gues you are right-it is 6 inches og water column(natural gas) and I think he said propane is much more.(14 or so WC)

ok that make me feel better then .

you have two item that give the fuel to the burner .

The regulator if it was the regulator you would have the issues with all the burner/flames .

So the only other item that control volume of gas to burner/ flame is the gas valves ,which that is the picture that was shown earlier , and I have found those for you .

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have one of these or do you know where I can really get one-Amana-Maytag and Whirlpool and parts service were no help-they said therir were no parts for the cooktop available. Do you have one or do you know of the substitution I tried to order from several sources(when they first said it was the regulator) and the parts stores took the order and could not deliver-NO LONGER AVAIABLE. Do you have one????
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time You have been most helpful This started the middleof June and I have been given the runaround by the companies and by appliance repair people. My plumber was an afterthought and he was the only one who deided to check the regulator with gauges.(along with the in line of gas) In the 3 months since the problem started I researched gas and how it works(only had electric before) and was sure it was not the regulator. That sent me to my plumber -I do not have an installation manual -just a customer booklet in 3 languages and I am a little old lady who is indebted to you if this does the trick.Thanks for the part #

no problem at all glad to assist.

just leave me some feed back if you would!!

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line