Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

ONLY 2 CONTROLS ON THE PANEL OF MY DISHWASHER (MODEL GU1500XTLS)

Customer Question

ONLY 2 CONTROLS ON THE PANEL OF MY DISHWASHER (MODEL GU1500XTLS) WORK. THE DELAY WHEN PUSHED GOES TO 2 AND THE RINSE SEEMS TO GO ON FOR 2 MIN THEN OFF.
THE AIR DRY BUTTON WHEN PUSHED WILL LIGHT UP AND THE CONTROL LOCK LIGHT WORKS.
NONE OF THE CYCLE BUTTONS OR FEATURE BUTTONS WORK. THEREFOR THE DISHWASHER WILL NOT FUNCTION.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
more than likely your main control board is bad.they have allot of problems with these, the heater doesnt match the board and this causes the board to fail. they have redisigned the board and fixed the problem. this board however is about $83.00 you can try shutting off the power at the breaker and see if it resets but usually you need to replace the board. heres a diagram on its location, you need to remove the inner door panel to get to this, thank you, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry , heres where you can purchase this, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5137404 regards, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I ORDER, RECEIVED AND INSTALLED THE CONTROL PANEL. IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS. THE NEXT TIME I TRIED IT WOULD NOT WORK. I OPENED THE CONTROL PANEL UNPLUGGED THE CONNECTION THAT LOOKS LIKE A STRAP REPLUGGED IT IN AND THE WASHER WORKED, BUT ONLY ONE TIME NOW IT WON'T WORK. ANY SUGGESTIONS NOW.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well the only other thing that could be an issue that i know off in these is the heater. this may be bad. check around the heater for burn marks, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this must be the other problem. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I DON'T SEE ANY BURN MARKS. THE HEATER COIL HAS SOME WHITE MARKS BUT IT SEEMED TO WORK ALL RIGHT WHEN I RAN IT YESTERDAY. BUT IT'S DEAD TODAY.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'll have to do some research on this, I'll get back to you as soon as possible. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did the same thing this morning: disassembled, unplugged strap like connection, plugged it back in, reassembled and the dishwasher worked again. Can't see myself doing this everytime my wife wants to run the dishwasher.
Any suggestions?????
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

after allot of checking tech sheets and info the only other thing I came up with on your machine isw that it could possibly have to do with the touchpad,

CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION

¦ Check keypad ribbon tail for

broken/shorted/corroded/creased traces.

¦ Check for loose connection to control.

¦ Check for evidence of contaminants or corrosion

around perimeter of the keypad, on the keypad ribbon

tail and/or on the keypad connector at the control.

¦ Perform keypad function check.

¦ For a final check (if possible), try replacing

control/keypad with a known good control/keypad to

identify where problem(s) persist. check these things and let me know, sorry about late reply, my granddaughter is sick and needed attending to. thanks Bryan