Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am trying to do a lp conversion on a old GE stove model jgbs07pea5ww.

I am trying to do a lp conversion on a old GE stove model jgbs07pea5ww. I converted the pressure regulator and cooktop burners with no problem. The flame on the burners looks fine. The problem is with the oven burner. I turned the orifice hood down until it was snug with the base . I opened the air shutter fully open. When turned on the flame size is too large and yellow. I tried adjusting the air shutter with no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this your safety valve? Part 247066and these are the orifices you changed on the top burners correct. ? Part 255894this kit didnt come with a oven burner orifice right? well the way to adjust the oven burner is what you did, turn the orifice clockwise until its down almost all the way, I've seen these look like its all the way down when realy its not. they get tight when they heat up and sometimes you have to realy tighten these down more even when it seems like it doesnt want to move anymore, the problem is you dont want to break it or strip it but thats how these are adjusted the air shutter wont have an affect on the size of the flame just the color and air mix. I'm not seeing any orifice that needs to be changed on the oven safety valve. the conversion kit you recieved was part #
WB28K10041 and it only shows the top burner orifices. you need to try to tighten the oven orifice a little more, if it doesnt move I would call a tech for service on this. let me know thanks Bryan