Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good morning, I have a Amana ARG7300W range which has an oven

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a Amana ARG7300W range which has an oven that isn't operating anymore. When it first started acting up, the oven would take awhile to heat up and there would be a noticeable gas smell in the air. Now the oven doesn't heat up at all, but we still get the gas smell. Needless to say, we have stopped using the oven portion of the range. I do not know if the broiler is still working or not. Honestly, that feature is something we don't use anyway. I don't know if this is enough information to go on, but this is all I can tell you. Thanks - JP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check ,on this for you thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks, just to let you know. I am handy mechanically, but have a limited knowledge when it comes to eletrical/electronics type stuff. I do not know how to work an ohm meter. Sorry, I hope this does cause an issue with my question. JP
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok after looking at your model you need to replace the oven igniter. Part 1191these get weak after using them a few years and dont open the safety valve to light the oven, the gas you smelled is because it was opening the valve but taking to long to light the burner, and now its too weak to open the valve at all. this is common. you can order this@ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ARG7300W+-%3d%3di1191&PartID=1191 for around $54.00 and this will take care of the problem, heres a diagram for you to go by. its part # XXXXX on the diagram. thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, one more question(s). Which is the best way to access this part for replacement? Also, will I need any special tools to do this? Finally, in image 2, is part number 30 for the broiler and where is that located so I don't get them confused. JP

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes thats the broiler igniter part #30 in image 2, the best way to do this is remove part # XXXXX then remove part # XXXXX and then you will see how the igniter is mounted, I believe it has either two 1/4" screws or two phillip head screws. then it pull out from the back , unplug the oven first and be very careful with the new igniter they are very fragile and will break easy if hit against anything, well wishes, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I'm a little unclear on what you mean by pull it out back. Back of oven or am I pulling it through an opening in part number 14 or 18? Also, I'm assuming there is some type of terminal for the wires coming out of the igniter? JP
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry i did have to go out for a bit,just pull it toward you and the igniter will come out. I'm not sure on your oven whether theres a plug or not but it comes with ceramic wire caps usually so you can just strip the wire from the oven and wire cap the new one in. thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan