Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

I have a Sharp R7A85 convection-microwave in the motorhome.

Customer Question

I have a Sharp R7A85 convection-microwave in the motorhome. Everything works, fan, turntable, but it does not heat.
I tried to unplug it but that did not work, Is there a fuse or something that I am missing?
Any leads you can give me would be great!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

The most probable part is the diode. I am looking for a parts diagram so that I could show you where it is.

You will have to open the cabinet and be careful handling microwave because they do store high voltage even when unplugged for a long time.

You have to look for the high voltage capacitor near the magnetron. Discharge the capacitor by shorting both terminals with an insulated wire.

Then on on eof the terminal of the capacitor is a black round or square thing about 1/4 inch in diameter and 1 inch long. The other end is attached to the frame of the unit. This is the diode. Have it tested before you buy a new one.

Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Here is the part diagram

The high wattage diode rectifier is part 1-12. The high voltage capacitor is 1-13.

Then once you open up the cabinet, might as well check the continuity of the thermal cut outs. part 1-04, 1-10 and the rest that look like those parts. It could have more all over the unit. Check each one for continuity.