Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Evaporator coils keep icing up. Replaced evaporator heater

Evaporator coils keep icing up. Replaced evaporator heater 3 weeks ago (it was bad, burnt looking). Replaced the thermostat 1 week later. Just replaced the main board last week. Still icing up? Help GE model GSS22JFMBWW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
which thermostat did you replace? this one, ? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=or did you replace the sensor, ? Part 914093 the sensor is the problem, this is located staped on top of of the evaporator coils in the freezer. these are cheap around $14.00 . this should take care of your icing up problem, regards, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the top pic. the termostat located on top of the evaporator coils
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to replace the small white on on the top of the coils also. thats the second picture. you can get this@ its part # XXXXX on this diagram, and its held in place by part # XXXXX change this and you should be all set. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I've ordered the part. Does this process stay open until I replace to see if it fixes the problem (meaning I don't accept until I replace the part?)

This is my first time using this process.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can accept and still come back to ask more questions if needed but this part will take care of the problem. G.E. has recommened that we replace these when theres a frost up issue after replacing the board or heater, this sensor shuts the compressor off when the freezer is at the proper temerature but they have been failing and the compressor keeps running thus freezing up the coils, thanks Bryan