Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi Our heavy duty top loader Whirlpool washing machine gives

Customer Question

Hi
Our heavy duty top loader Whirlpool washing machine gives off white marks on the washing. Please advise how to clean the machine. Friends have a Speed Queen that they can open up to get out the tub and pulsator to clean. Can the same be done with the Whirlpool?
Thanks
Hannes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I can get you info on how to remove the pieces and clean them , back in a few ,thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Part 2652Part 519233Part 671065Part 904810these are some on the pieces you should clean in this, these collect soap residue over the years and it comes loose when washing and gets on your clothes, here a great video on how to take the machine appart, click this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNRd04vwc4Y&feature=PlayList&p=F7887BFEC1C720B3&playnext=1&index=13 this will help you get at the inner parts of the machine. also when your done cleaning you can take a cup of white vinegar and pour it in the machine with hot water wash (no clothes) and run it through a full cycle, this should help, when your done with that run a full hot cycle without clothes or vinegar to rinse the machine out. well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the Just Answer reply. The YouTube video is about the Kenmore washing machine, not the Whirlpool (that is about 10 years old) that I own. I live in Africa and with our download rate of 114kbps I cannot play the video. Is there some text info available on the Whirlpool (dissasembly instruction) that I can download that is not to heavy ( 1-1.5 meg I can just about manage).
Regards
Hannes
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the only text is what I can write for you but I can send you a link to all the diagrams for your machine, the video is for kenmore and whirlpool, whirlpool makes kenmore, heres the diagram link though, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieveModelDetails.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=3XLA87W72AN0&productCategoryId=0153000&brandId=1198&modelName=DIRECT-DRIVE-WASHER go to control and rear panel in the sub components and clcik on that ,there are screws marked # XXXXX in the front of the control panel take them out and pull the panel forward and up then tip the control panel back and let it rest against the wall then you will see two gold clips on the sides in the back that hold the cabinet on take a screw driver and pry the clips out , unplug the door switch and tip the whole cabinet forward and slide it out fron underneath the front and off. then you can get at all the parts I showed you, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
unfortunatly just answer blocks all email adresses from comming through. but you can copy this link and send it to him, thats all I can do from here, thanks , Bryan, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmRSwrj-45g