Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a front loading MAYTAG NEPTUNE Model # XXXXX It

I have a front loading MAYTAG NEPTUNE Model # XXXXX It washes, rinses, but it doesn't extract the water all the way from the clothes even on max extract, what is the deal?
you need to check the main control board in this, is the door locking and the door lock light on? let me know thanks.Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok I will check, can you give me about 15 minutes? Thanks
ok heres what it looks like , Part 775784its up in the control panel and if you see a couple of burnt diodes on this board (look carefully) you will need to cange the board and the door lock assembly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, dumb lady here, how do I get to that? And how much is a new board, I am still waiting for my husband to finish messing with the stupid thing to find out if it's even locking or not...grrrr
ok to get at the board you need to remove the 1/4 " screws along the top of the control panel and the pull the panel forward and tip it so yo can see the board its mounted on the silver back palte behind the control where your turn dials are.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, did that, you were right. So, now where do I get this part and how much is it?
ok heres the bad news. this part is over two hundred dollars and besides that you will need to replace the wax motor in the door lock assembly ( thats the cause of the board failer) thats only $12.00 , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=all toll this will cost you about $240.00 to fix, you can get the parts @ I wish I had better news but unfortunatly Maytag had major problems with these machines and that caused their downfall, (whirlpool bought out Maytag) well wishes , regards, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
CAn you tell me the exact name of the board, and it's the wax motor in the door?
sure , its called the machine control board part# XXXXX this site has it for $188.00 jsut thought i'd save you some money, the wax motor # XXXXX you have to get at , hope this helps, thanks .Bryan
the wax motor is in the macine in the miidle front where the door latch goes into machine, here are all the diagrams for your machine if that helps,!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=MAH4000AWQ&pop=flush click the blue link. thanks Bryan