Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a Whirlpool Duet from 1999-2000. Ive never had any

i have a Whirlpool Duet from 1999-2000. I've never had any trouble with it until this morning. It is "stuck" and won't start. The number on the panel is flashing and when I try to push the start button nothing happens. The cancel button won't work either. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model #? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX Type: 199-AWM076/BL

It is flashing 0:40 on the panel, and none of the controls work - almost as if they are locked.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the most likely cause for this issue is the door lock assembly. when you open the door at the top of the lock assembly there is a small button that rersets the board when the door is opened, most likeyly the little button is broken off, you need to replace the lock assembly. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can see the little button (barely) on the picture its on the left side facing down. on your machine this will be at the top above where the door switch reciever is, it will be black. hope this helps,thanks ,Bryan