Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a Kenmore dishwasher, model 665, 15829000. The airdry

I have a Kenmore dishwasher, model 665, 15829000. The "airdry" light comes on every time I close the door and doesn't want to turn off. Then the "lock on" light turns on and locks me out from the control buttons. The top and bottom edges of the two digits on the front dorr have a dull glow. I removed the inside door panel and found the rusty green ground wire and replaced the screw. Put it back together and it worked a full cycle, but now ti's doing the same thing.
You have a bad touch pad and need to replace it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me a little more about repairing the touch pad? This is a $100 part. And it's made ofmicroswitches and probably a ribbon cable. What makes you so sure the electronic components are not the problem?
The ribbon cable shorts out and then it thinks you a pressing a button. It is a common problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I realize that as an appliance repair guy you would just replace the touch pad, but I would like to repair it. Is it a sealed unit or can I repair it?
It can not be repaired. You have to replace it.