built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

I have an admiral fridge freezer which has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have an admiral fridge freezer which has stopped working. I left it off overnight which rectified the problem before but this time. I can hear a fan but here is no refreigeration. Is here anything else I can try.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
First try lowering the temperature setting. Next pull the plug and plug in another appliance to confirm power. If there is power to the appliance but it still seems to be stopped, there may be a problem in one or more of these:

• Wiring

• Thermostat

• Defrost timer

• Compressor

• Overload and/or relay
These checks will require testing equipment and knowledge to handle safely. Remember as soon as you don't respect electricity it will burn you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I told you I could her the fan so the power is available. Otherwise you have told me the problem could be with just about anything in the fridge. Both of these facts I knew already and so would virtually anyone so I don't feel that the answer has been very helpful. If you can only ever suggest further investigation I don't see the benefit in your service.
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
The type of problem you are having could easily be caused by any one of these failures. It will require diagnosis and since I am not there this responsibility falls on the owner. You will not be charged for the info unless you press the ACCEPT button so this costs you nothing unless you decide it's worth it. Wish I could do more. Good luck.