John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hi, I have a Jenn Aire Expressions doupble oven model # XXXXX

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Jenn Aire Expressions doupble oven model # XXXXX A couple months ago the bottom oven control quite working, we would try to turn it on using the bake, then temp setting and it would beep and say error and shut off, not to big a deal we have another oven for now, but last week the clock started getting really dim and when we used the upper oven we could barely see the temp settting. Got any idea where to look and for what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
The diplay would have to be replaced to solve the problem of being dim. What error message did it give you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The lower oven just keeps beeping and the display says Fr.
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
The error should be F 0 to F7, on some models they do have an error code FR it means either a bad sensor or a bad secondary relay board. The sensor is much less expensive though.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I just double checked and it is an F and what looks like a digital r, definitely not a numeral, I went through them all to see if maybe a section of the digital dispaly was out, it is dim but not out.

Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
On some models there is an Fr, it usually means a bad sensor, but can also mean a lower relay board. The sensor is more common and less money.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, so if it is the sensor, orange plug on the relay board, where is the actual sensor? Can I test the sensor, ohm's value or is it just an open close switch type? I unplugged the orange plugfor the sensor for the lower oven from the board and the fan came on.
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
The sensor is inside the oven in the top back. It's held in by 2 screws. It should be 1080 ohms @ 70 degrees. It's chrome and tubular about 3/16 in diameter.