built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

i have a hampton bay fan model 68-atr i would like to hook

i have a hampton bay fan model 68-atr    i would like to hook it up with a speed control instead of the remote control it comes with.can you tell me if this is possible and hopefully what speed control that would work.jordan grant norwalk ct
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Should be no problem. Have found one that should work fine:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i just ordered this switch from ace hardware and thanks for getting question,i see the switch part but where is the speed control part?.it seems there should be a knob or a slide type reostat.thanks for the additional help.jordan
Hi again,
This is a variable toggle switch. It looks like a wall switch but it isn't. It works like a rheostat. Just not a knob or slide. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how nice it works.
If I've been helpful please press the accept button, that's how we get paid.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
now i get it....look forward to getting this project finished.thanks again very much.jordan
Any time.Wink