Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

Just asked a question, but after filling out my credit card

Customer Question

Just asked a question, but after filling out my credit card info, could not proceed after declining the auto refill option. What's up with that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 7 years ago.
Not sure what happened there but what was the question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We have a Kenmore Elite Oasis Dryer that has a high pitched siren-like noise that starts after being on for about 2 minutes.
Can you send the model# XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well Tom, the other night I put a load of laundry in the dryer before going to bed. About 30 min. + or - later, my husband woke up and heard what sounded like a siren coming from the laundry room. He said it was very hot in the room and the noise was coming from the dryer. The next day I tried it again & the noise starts after about 2 minutes and gets louder the longer you leave it on. We have cleaned the exhaust of accumulated lint because I thought the dryer has been getting pretty hot even when set on low, but I don't think that's the problem. Although I guess it could have overheated and burned something up. Do you have any idea what it could be & whether or not it's something we could fix ourselves. We just got the washer fixed--again & this is becoming an expensive royal pain for such "young" machines!
I realy need the model# XXXXX the machine so i can see who makes it.Kenmore is just a brand name they actualy do not make the machines.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX67087600. It's made by Whirlpool. I think it's the Kenmore version of the Whirlpool Cabrio. They aren't 3 yrs. old yet.
I think you may have something in the blower or cuaght between the drum and the cabinet.To check the blower you need to pop up the top and remove the front.There are clips holding the top down they are near the corners.Use a putty knife inbetween the top and front and push in on the clips.The top will lift.The front is screwed on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Before attempting to take the dryer apart, I decided to call our handyman to clean out the dryer vent from the roof. We had done the machine and the vent from the bottom. Well it was completely clogged with lint at the very top. Tested the dryer and the loud siren whine has disappeared and it's operately perfectly fine. Thanks for trying to help me.

Good i'm glad you got it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tom, Thanks again for your efforts with my dryer problem. Since this is the 1st time I've used this service, I'm guessing if I click on "Accept" you'll be compensated for your efforts. Let me know if I need to do anything else & should the need help in the future (seems like something is constantly happening to our appliances since we replaced them all a few years ago), we'll certainly be back to you. Jane in Florida
Thank you.That is all you need to do.If you need help again i'am uaualy here.