Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hello, I have a mildew (strong) smell on my towels & washclothes.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a mildew (strong) smell on my towels & washclothes. I have tried several methods. I used Smelly Washer product, it helped but it came back very soon. Probably 2 weeks after. I am desperate! Please Help!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Becky
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
make and model number please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sears Kenmore

110.23812100

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
William, are you still there? If you have given me a reply, i did not get it.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The smell you are getting is most likely from using to much detergent / fabric softner. this causes build up and the products that you are using to clean the washer is only removing some of it and not all of it, this build up comes from months and years of use and will take time to get it all out using these products, I would use washer magic once a week for about 5 or 6 weeks until the soap scum on the outer tub breaks down and cleans it good, also reduce the amount of detergent and fabric softner by one half.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...