Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

I have a maytag dryer model #MDE7600AYQ and the control nob

I have a maytag dryer model #MDE7600AYQ and the control nob that which drying mode to use is cracked and does not function. I contacted Sears and they sent the wrong part. Can you help me
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

You can try here at and your knob is part 3.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I looked on that site and that is the part that sears sent me and is NOT right

Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Did you specify the series which your unit belongs? There was a note on the part, look at the series of your unit and specify that on returning the part to sears.

You could have gotten a different series for your unit that is why you got the wrong part.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On the #3 part that they sent it says genuine Whirlpool quality does the maytag interchange with whirlpool?
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
Yes. They do have interchangeable parts. They uses the same machine and just changes it's name .

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One last question. Besides the model # XXXXX is a Atlantis series. Does that change anything? Thank you
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
No. Just look at your series on your nameplate and specify that as you ask Sears for a replacement on the part that you ordered.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Srry but what do you mean by series. I have model number and Serial # XXXXX XXXXX Serial # XXXXX series?
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
No. On the other post that I sent, I stated about the series. Click this line. In this sample, the unit has series 11.

The part that was sent to you could be for units manufactured in series 9 or 10.