Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

I have a Maytag Performa washer model PAV1000AWW first 2 numbers

I have a Maytag Performa washer model PAV1000AWW first 2 numbers of serial number are 10. Water dribbles into tub after washer turns off. I believe this is a problem with the water inlet valve. My question(s) is/are 1) What is the exact part number I need and 2) How do I get to it to replace it? (I've called around St. Louis for valve and looked on line and there are very different prices for these) Thanks
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you as much as I can!
Your part # XXXXX XXXXX and you can expect to pay between $30.00-$37.00 depending on the supplier. Sears is charging $37.63 and a local supplier here in Seattle is charging $47.28 new-retail. I have provided a link to the factory service manual for you. It will show you how to disassemble your unit and give you all the information you ever wanted (and didnt want) for your washer!
Please Click For Manual
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Looking at the manual, all I have to do to access/replace the valve is to remove the 8 hex screws? Anything else I need to watch for when I replace the valve (any word of caution)?
Make sure machine is unplugged (obviously) but seriously, this is a very easy repair. you can not really do anything WRONG here, just make sure that you connect the supply hose going to the water flume all the way on the valve and NEVER tighten the fill hoses onto the supply valve too tight. The plastic threads strip easily. You probably already know that. As far as 8 hex screws, the valve should only have two screws holding it onto the rear panel, but you you are probably talking about the panel access screws too. This valve can be accessed from the top, front or bottom rear panels. LOTS of different ways to skin this cat ! You should not have ANY problems. Please let me know if you need mor clarifiction!
Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I can fix an upright freezer I got for $20 using an exploded diagram I got off the Net, I think with this help from you I can fix this too. Thanks for your help. I think I'll buy on line---seems to be the cheapest way to go. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX life saver, Anne