Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

I was cleaning out my ge profile refrigerator and removed the

Customer Question

I was cleaning out my ge profile refrigerator and removed the vegetable crisper. When I started to reinsert it, the small ball bearings had fallen out with the little black rubber thingys.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

this is you unit? What part do you think fell out? Was it part 400 ( the roller wheel ) or it could have fell out of part 580 and 581?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think it fell out of 581. I went to replace drawer and noticed thing with clippys (580)was tilted in toward the front so I touched it and balls fell out into refrigerator. The extensions were pulled out fully. I guess I pulled them out too far. Would think they would have a stop on them, anyway... I have 580 out of the fridge with two ball bearing holders and 12 balls. Thanks Francis..

Robin

Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
Do you have both left and right side off and are separated?

I am thinking if you still have one intact, you can find out how it was assembled. The screws ( 583 ) should supposed to be holding them together. Right?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thats what I needed you for... I don't want to take it out because I am afraid it won't go back together.
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry but I am not be there to really work on the bearing's position. All I can do is suggest to you what you can do to solve your problem.

And in order to know the position or location of the ball bearings, you wil have to really look on the other one which is sill intact and copy it where the bearings are installed. Just be careful so that you will not loose it and it's position again on the other set of slide bracket assembly.

Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

I will log off for a while and will be back after 6 hours. Just leave your question if you have one and I will answer them as soon as I get back.