built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

I have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that is about 4-5

I have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that is about 4-5 years old. Just a few days ago the dishwasher wouldn't start up and I think that control panel may have some type of short in it (the lights on the panel won't stay on). Is this a part that can be replaced? If so, is it something that I could order and replace myself?

Matt Weiss
Gothenburg, NE [email protected]
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you,
If we could please have the full make and model number
of the appliance that you have posted your question about?
Along with any other info that you may think is important
that you did not list in your original post to us. We will
be more then happy to try to assist you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It has the following numbers: MDB5601AWB & 32281216JC
Are you saying that there is no indication of life? Or is it on but won't do anything?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The green indicators lights (normal wash, light wash, etc) will light up for about a minute or so and then turn off by themselves. The diswasher itself will not start at all when I use either the start button or delayed start button so I guess the answer is the lights go on, but it acts as if it has no power to start.
Hi again,
You definitely have a fault in the wiring harness or control board. Use a volt/ohm meter to track it down. If you open the door and look around the edge of the door you'll find the screws that hold the door together. Remove and you'll have access.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have a meter available to check right now but if it ends up being the control panel, is that something I can order and replace or would it be too expensive compared to the price of a new dishwasher? Where can I order parts if it is not too expensive?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Built1950,
The website dropped me off for some reason. Did you receive my last question?
And you can useually get the control panel for under $100. at your local appliance parts store. As far as DIY only you can answer that. You may find it's not very hard to do.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help!