Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have a Whirlpool Superba wall oven stainless steel. I cant

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Superba wall oven stainless steel. I can’t access any more information due to the door being locked. Oven is about 4-5 years old.

This problem has happened three times now.

I think I accidentally cleared it one time.

A technician came in on another call and cleared it.

The only time this happens is when we have a power failure and the system gives us this error. I turn the power off at the breaker every so often for 15 minutes to several days and hope that it clears but to no avail.

I have tried to run the self-cleaning function, but it kicks off after about 30 seconds or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus Hardy

XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
If you turn the power off,you can unlock the door with a piece of metal coat hanger about8 or 10 inches long. Shine a flashlight through the area just above the latch assembly, you'll see a round silver end of the lock plunger.It has a metal peg coming out of the center. If you push this back about 1/2 inch it will unlock the door.