I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances

Hello, Recently, an inverted fork damaged the impeller in

Recently, an inverted fork damaged the impeller in my whirlpool dishwasher model #DUL200PKT1. I replaced the damaged parts by using the chop-implr kit part # XXXXX The impeller turns freely in both directions with the new parts installed. Now when the wash cycle starts the motor will run for several seconds, then stop for a minute or two, then run for several seconds again. This pattern will continue for the entire wash cycle. Then the washer drains normally. I am relatively certain that the parts are installed correctly as the drain cycle works correctly. Please help.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
Hi YaCustomer

this sounds like that fork may have done more damage than you think.
Sounds like the fork may have damaged the shaft or the motor when it got jamed in there and momentarily seized the motion of the shaft.

It appears that either the shaft is bent or the motor is damaged.

I would just use it until it dies and then replace the dishwasher , rather than spending $135. on the motor.

28 3377333 Motor & Fan Assembly (Includes Item 27) (Also Order Item 30) See Note A. In-Stock $ 134.95