Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a new15 inch dishwasher which my contractor attached

I have a new15 inch dishwasher which my contractor attached a panel to. It has since fallen off. I have tried to re-attach sliding the clips back in. (meaning the "male" is on the outside panel into the "female which is part of the actual door) It works for a few openings and closings then, falls off again. What do I do to properly secure?
Thanks for your advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bentley...Before you mount the panel put some glue (liguid Nails)on the back of your outside panel..That will give it extra holding power...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will the liquid nails hold between the metal of the d/w and the wood product of the applied door. Also what about the heat of the dishwasher and the liquid nails holding?
Should not be a problem...If that is a concern you can use a type of flexible adhesive...We used liquid nails on all our wood to metal panel conversions work with no problem..