I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Re. Asko dishwasher model 1905, DW 955 The detergent dispenser

Customer Question

Re. Asko dishwasher model 1905, DW 955: The detergent dispenser opens for the pre-wash cycle. I use the normal wash 55¤ C. Can I fix this myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiYa Asko,

You say the detergent dispenser opens for the prewash rather than during the main wash.

This is not usually a home handy persons repair.

Do not fill the pre wash detergent compartment.
Unless you have dried on food on your dishes.
Then you must fill both the pre-wash and the main detergent compartment.

Only put detergent in the main compartment.

Run the hot water at the sink until it comes out HOT and then start your dish washer.
This will give you the max. water temperature for your washe so it will clean better too.
It is usually just a waste of detergent and money to fill the prewash compartment.

Below is page 4 in your dishwashers user manual showing the dispenser cups.

graphic
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. It helped me in as much as saying this is nothing I can do anything about myself. As the graphic illustration #3 shows I only have one dispenser, which is for the main wash. The machine should not use detergent for the prewash-cycle. Where I live dishwashers are connected directly to the cold-water inlet, so running the tap on hot water will not make any difference.
I guess I will have to call a tachnitian tomorrow to have a look.
But thank you so much anyway, this is a handy website to know aboyt.
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Why do they hook up to the cold water tap?
Where do you live?
We connect to the hot water supply pipe for the kitchen sink.
This cleans better.
Some dishwashers will not even run if the water is not hot enough.

thank you God Bless.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in Norway. The dishwasher is connected to a seperate cold water supply pipe.
When the washer is not in use the water supply is closed seperately and does not affect the hot/cold taps for the kitchen sink.
I don't know the reason for this but I guess it is safety-regulations.
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Yes it must be local regulations

A Beautifull place Norway!

God Bless.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi I.can! Thank you:)
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
BYE