Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

yes,,,my question is,,,,,,this past christmas we purchased

Customer Question

yes,,,my question is,,,,,,this past christmas we purchased a new frigidaire cooktop,,,an over head fan and light, a in wall oven, and an in wall microwave,,,,,i hope i have described them correctly,,,,the cooktop is white ceramic i believe,,,,it is flat,,,the burners are flat,,,,,my mother cares for her new applieances obsessively,,,,,the other day i noticed a small dark mark on the burner,,,,,we cleaned it gently with the recommended cleaner,,,,,,still the black mark will not come off,,,,,on further inspection im starting to think that its not something stuck on but actually the surface of the burner peeling off,,,,,as i said it is a very very small spot,,,,,however, these appliances are less than one year old,,,,should this be happening
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.
Any things possible with the way appliances are made these days...If it is less than a year old ...Call the frigidaire and see if they will look into it....If it is a chip then you might have a hard time having it repaired...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i really dont feel that this answer is worth 25 dollars,,,,i have every intention of calling frigidair,,,,sorry but i didnt need to be told that

You asked if this should be happening...?...More than likley it is chipped if not from outside ...It maybe inside...