Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Hi. I just moved to a new rental house where there is a GE

Customer Question

Hi.
I just moved to a new rental house where there is a GE refrigerator "Profile Performance" type, black exterior, digital with options like "Normal" "Door Open" "FF" "PF" "dE" "CI" "Chilled Water" "Crushed Ice Door" "Alarm" "System Check".
I don't find a model number anywhere, including the sides and the back of the refrigerator.
The refrigerator was open for a while because the rental broker or the previous tenant left it open so it want accumulate bad odor or so.
When I closed the doors, it keeps blinking "FF", and a light is ON saying "WARM TEMP".
I did system check and i got it to stop blinking on "FF" but "WARM TEMP" is still there.
The refrigerator is not cooling whatsoever. Now again it says "FF" and "WARM TEMP".
Is there anything I can di\o to make it work without calling A technician?
We are renting the house less than market, but we got it "As is" and we are responsible for repairs.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thank's,
Isaac. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.
Is the freezer cold/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The freezer is NOT cold. The refrigerator is not working at all except to the lights that I told you previously.
Ok pull the unit forward and and remove the lower back panel. is the compressor running and is it warm?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will check it, but I need like 10 min to do what you asked.
Ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, it is not warm. and the fan is not working

There should be a model sticker on the inside of the frig at the top. I need the model #.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TFS28PBDA BS
It sounds like you have a bad power module but I would call a tech out to make sure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, shall I wait for a reply from you?
I mean if i were you I would call a tech to come out and verify that is the problem.