Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have an MW8781 (over the range model- dont know if thats

I have an MW8781 (over the range model- don't know if that's an SB or RD). Very frequently after a few minutes of use, it shuts off and the screen goes blank. At these times it will not respond to any buttons. After a few minutes (about 5 or so), the screen comes back on and it functions normally until next time. Any ideas? Thank you.
There is a thermal fuse on the magnetron that the magnetron gets to hot it will trip the fuse and kill power to the unit. Once it cools it will restore power. This is a sign that the magnetron is weak. It is cheaper to buy a new microwave then replace the magnetron.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Even though the answer is not what I wanted, I appreciate your response and it was well worth the fee. Thank you.
Your welcome. Take care.