Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

need to take a part to see what happened to the drive what

need to take a part to see what happened to the drive what is the best way .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Hello I am here to assist you. First what are you taking apart and may I have the model number of the unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im am taking apart a roper model # XXXXX wash machine serial cr901716 the drive is not working were to start do you take of thev back panel first ?
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Okay first of all may I ask what you symptoms are? With this model it is a direct drive system. There are no belts for the drive. So this is why I ask about the symptoms. By the way to start there should be 2 phillips head screws on the bottom of both the right and left side of the bottom of the control panel. If you undo those you will slide the control panel towards you and flip it up. This is how you start to get access to the dirve of the washer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the motor runs the drum does not turn i think the rubber drive couple is out after itake out the two srews i need tho now how to get at the drive coupling.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
I see Randy is off line ,if you would like I can assist you ,or you can wait for Randy to return!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

do you have my last question what shoould i do to gety the drive apart do you have a manaul to disasemble the drive

yes I will send you a video on how to remove the cabinet ,and how to get to coupler.
cabinet removal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vogysB7XOc8&feature=PlayList&p=919A9C2C2B68D554&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all of this info i great but how do you remove the the parts to get athe coupling the vidioe shows you how to fix show me ho to get toit apart to this point

sorry about that this one will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vogysB7XOc8

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line