Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a GE Profile Arctica side by side refrigerator about

I have a GE Profile Arctica side by side refrigerator about 5 years old, model number PSS25SGNA BS serial number BD420046. It is taking the refrigerator temperature too low, no matter how many times it is corrected. Instead of 37 it "wants" to be at 34 or less. The veggies in the crisper are freezing.
open the freezer door and hold the light switch and tell me if the fan inside is blowing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, after a slight pause it does.
is there any front on the inside back wall of the freezer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There's a shelf at the top in front of the icemaker and a cover for the light lower in the unit. I removed the shelf and it is sitting here.
reach into the fridge where the air comes in and tell me if the air is blowing in strong or weak
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where does the air come in?
at the middle back inside where you see some grills
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Opened both sides and closed light switches. Blows weakly in refrigerator and stronger in freezer.
you need to replace the fan and damper assy ,, part number WR49X10091 and it cost $121.49 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer or online at www3.sears.com ,, you will need to remove the inside back panel in the fridge to access and replace it .. its number 420 in this picture / thanks
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We're not sure that is the answer because when we closed the freezer door and waited for the fan to come on, the breeze in the refrigerator was greater than when both doors were open.
it will because the damper controls the air supply and with the damper not closing then it will get to cold in the fridge and freeze the food as you where talking about
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got it! Thank you.
you are most welcome