Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi. I have an insinkerator 80S and when I turn it on I can

Customer Question

Hi. I have an insinkerator 80S and when I turn it on I can hear it turning but the water is not draining. I have felt around in there and I can get it to turn freely inside but I don't know what to do now. Also, the contractor who installed it never gave me the wrenchette for it. Where can I get a replacement?
Michelle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can get the service wrench here, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=@ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b99i1021855&PartID=1021855 for under four dollars, are you sure its turning? and not just humming. let me know thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I can move it freely when I turn it manually, will it turn when I turn it on? Otherwise, how can I tell if it's turning? When I turn it on, water bubbles up out of the disposal at me but doesn't go anywhere. Does that mean it's not turning?
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Your disposer is fine, you have a clogged drain. You can prove this by putting a bucket under the drain trap and removing the J-bend. Be prepared for the water in the disposer to drain down. Then you're going to need a drain cleaning machine to clear the drain line.

Built1950
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a clog in the drain part of the disposal, if you remove the two bolts that hold the drain to your sink you will probably find its clogged. this is the part you need to remove. Part 834235its probably got something in it or the drain elbo it goes into. check that and let me know,thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
please excuse the other guy for jumping in, just try what I said and you will find the clog, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.