Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Frigidaire Heavy Doty Electric Dryer Mod # XXXXX It

Frigidaire Heavy Doty Electric Dryer
It worked great, and know it doesn't.
No power.
Is there an internal fuse on the dryer which may have tripped, or is it possible the start switch is defective? how can I check?

thanks, DON
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it sounds like you have blown the thermal fuse in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is located inside the dryer near the heater in the back if you pop the top up it should be on the right side around the 1 oclock position on the back panel or on the heater itself. change this and it should run, thanks Bryan, link to parts.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I found the part you referenced.

Is these any way to test the part, that you know of?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well if your careful and you dont have a volt meter then you can unplug the machine and tape the two wires from the thermostat together real good and then plug the dryer in and see if it starts, if it does the thermostat needs to be replaced. do not leave this taped up and use it you could have a fire if you do, this is a safety so make sure you replace it, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

well, that didn't seem to be the problem. If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
check your door switch next. do you have a volt meter and know how to check contiuity?