Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchenaid combo oven and micro unit. I was in my

I have a kitchenaid combo oven and micro unit. I was in my kitchen when the oven started making a funny noise like a soft ginding sound and then it beeped. I walked over to it and the display panel showed F8 EO door locked. I tried unlocking the door holding the 3 for 3 seconds but nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sounds like you have a bad door lock assembly, I will need the model # XXXXX help further, can you get it? thanks Bryan, you can try to open the door by getting a coat hanger and making a hook and try to pull the door latch over while gently pulling on the door.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im pretty sure this is it : KEHC309JSS
The door wont even open a little bit so I got that off of a quote when I bought them 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats it, ok this is your door latch assembly, Part 589837this is your problem, on some of these ovens you can remove the center grill between the ovens and get at this( shut power off ) you need to replace this, these are available @ but are expensive, $162.60 if you cant get at it you may have to call someone for service. hope this helps, thanks,Bryan