Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MODEL #106.53559202 LOST POWER FOR 24 HOURS, WHEN RESTORED

Customer Question

MODEL #106.53559202 LOST POWER FOR 24 HOURS, WHEN RESTORED THE ICEMAKER WILL NOT WORK. SEEMS TO BE FLASHING A 2 CODE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you will need to test the emiter and reciever. when you open the freezer door does the light on the right side flash? let me know how many times . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IT FLASHES 2 TIMES WITH A PAUSE THAN 2 TIMES.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok let me check that. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I have my chart here for the Ice Maker Blinking Codes:

Step#1: Open the freezer and view the status led

(STATUS LED)

2 BLINKS FOLLOWED BY 1 SEC. DELAY(REPEATED)

POSSIBLE CAUSES: The flapper door on the emitter is blocking the beam or the optics are faultly.

Step#2: Press the emitter flapper to unblock the optics beam

(STATUS LED)

POSSIBLE CAUSES: The optics are faulty. Replace the emitter and receiver boards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHEN I PRESS FLAPPER DOOR THE LIGHT STAYS ON SOLID.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok good the emitter and reciver are good, I just wanted to test them, next you need to remove the ice maker and take the front cover(white) off and check the tabs in the middle of the gear, if one is broke or missing you need to replace the ice maker module. also if the fingers in the ice make are stuck down in the ice in about a5 or 7 oclock possition you need to change the ice maker.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
PLEASE HELP WITH REMOVAL OF ICEMAKER.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok underneath the ice maker on the right side back you will see a 1/4" screw, remove that and the wire cover its holding then push the flapper door in and slide the ice maker forward and out. unplug it and take the white cover off the front to check gear, if the fingers are stuck in the ice then replace the ice make, p.s. the cover in front off the ice maker is removable.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE GEAR IS NOT MISSING ANY TEETH AND THE FINGERS WERE NOT STUCK IN THE ICE.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok are you able to do some tests?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DEPENDS ON THE TESTS.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
what I need for you to do is trick this ice maker into cycling, plug the ice maker back in and get a piece of wire about 4" long. strip the wire back on each end about 1" and carfully place the wire in the holes on the front marked T & H Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=about the 5 oclock possition on the module. push the flapper in and this should start the ice maker, when you hear a faint cklick pull the wire out and put the ice maker back in (no need to put the cover and screw back in yet) see if the ice maker goes all the way around and puts water in. let me know, (be carefull when putting wire in ,its live dont touch the bare wire)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DOES NOT RESPOND WHEN I HOLD THE FLAPPER DOWN AND STICK THE WIRE IN T AND H.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok try it again but hold the light switch in also.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
STILL NO RESPONSE WITH LIGHT SWITCH HELD ALSO.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you need to replace the ice maker module. the cheapest I've found these is @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49 $57.45 most sites want almost $70.00, replace this and you should be all set. part# XXXXX , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan