Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have this Kenmore 90 series electric dryer. The other night

Customer Question

I have this Kenmore 90 series electric dryer. The other night it was working perfectly, and yesterday morning I tried it and nothing happened. The light inside the drum works, I reset the circuit breaker, unplugged it and still nothing seemed to work when I pushed the start button. Do these dryers have a reset button on it someplace? The vent to the outside is of the solid kind (not flexible). I'm not sure of the age of this dryer, it came with the house and we have been here for 5 years. It is used almost daily. the model number is XXXXX 60902990. Is this dryer done for or is there some way to be able to fix it. Also I checked the lint trap and it was clean. Does this dryer have a safety shut-off due to a build up of lint some other place?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no reset on this but it does have a thermal fuse which is blown, Part 2923this is common on these, the part is about $18.00 and here are all the digrams for you machine,!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=110+60902990&pop=flush part # XXXXX on this diagram the part # XXXXX is,
3390719 hope this helps,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is replacing this part something I can do or would you suggest me getting a service tech from Sears!

-Bob Masters
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if your handy you could probably do this yourself. actually this ones faily easy, if you open the bottom front panel it will see the bulkhead and thats where its located. when you open the panel it will be just below the drum on the blower assembly to the center of machine. Sears will charge you a fortune, hire someone else if you can, thanks Bryan