Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Kenmoor Series 80 gas dryer is not heating. It runs, and

My Kenmoor Series 80 gas dryer is not heating. It runs, and occationally you get some heat. But most of the time is not putting out heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if this lights occationaly but not all the time you need to replace the gas valve coils, Part 3479these are cheap about$20.00 and should repair your dryer, heres a picture of where they are located, Gas Dryer Gutsthanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is this thing located and can someone without mechanical experience change it easily? Also, the manual says something about replacing a fuse if it's not heating. But we can't find where the fuse would be. Can you help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well if their refering to the thermal fuse, Part 2986its on the blower housing but this would stop the dryer from starting at all. there are other thermostats that could be bad but ussually its the coils, you need to remove the front panel to get to the coils , heres a link to all the diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=110+70852990&pop=flush hope this helps,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We were able to get the back of the dryer off. But how do you get the front panel off?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
take your dryer lint filter out of the top and you will see two screws, remove them and pry with a screw driver in between the top and front panel lift top up and down the side inside there will be a 5/16 screw on each side about 3 " down remove them and unplug the door switch tip the front forward and lift it off the bootm clips. then you can get at the coils,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. We got the dyer front off. We couldn't figure out how to disconnectthe door light wires. But I think we can work around that. Does the dryer drum come out to easily access the burner assembly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got it off. Thanks. Now hopefully that's the right part that needs replacing! Smile