Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Bosch SHU9925VC that has been working fine for years,

Customer Question

We have a Bosch SHU9925VC that has been working fine for years, very quiet. Yesterday the city shut off the water to the house while they worked on the main line down the street. When they turned it on and we started the dishwasher it started making very loud noises like the pump is trying to pump water but cannot. Is it possible that an air bubble could cause that? If so, what do we do about it as the unit just sits there and trys to pump but no water is pumped into the unit. Also, would the pump just die like that without no notice or anything?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a bad water inlet valve in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=we change allot of these , most likely when they worked on the main water line it kicked up dirt particles that clogged up you inlet valve, sometimes if your lucky its just the screen and you can clean it but most likely its the valve. the valve is located in the fornt on the left side behind the front kick plate, heres where you can purchase this if cleaning the screen doesnt work. also you can look at all the diagrams here, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for the info. If it is water inlet valve I may as well wait until Monday and let the Sears repairman replace it since it is under a warranty program with them. Was hoping I could get it working myself this weekend. regards,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem , you should wait so they wont void the warranty, (they are funny like that) thanks and well wishes, Bryan