Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Maytag Neptune dryer does not turn on at all, seems to heat

Maytag Neptune dryer does not turn on at all, seems to heat that is it. Model #MDE5500AYW. Recently dryer seemed to be extra hot??? What might be happening with my dryer?? Thanks for your help Wendy
you saying that when you turn it on it will heat but the drum dont turn?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Has power, will heat, no motor turning/drum does not turn
reach in and tell me how easy the drum turns
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

drum will turn easily, husband tried it. Maybe I tried to turn it the wrong way

your belt broke and just needs eather put back on or replaced ,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $23.00 ,,, to replace it you need to open the door and take the screws out that runs though the hinges into the cabinet and the ones stright across and twist the top of the front panel and remove, take the two screws out holding the top down and raise ,, remove the four screws holding the front slide plate on and set off and swap the belt / thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This was not the case. The belt was on and was not broken. What else could it be??
with the door open and the door switch pushed in and the start button held in turn the drum by hand and see if it starts turning please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did not start turning. Did heat up though. Also, is the drum of the dryer suppose to turn clock-wise and counter clock-wise by hand.
turns clockwise
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Now what should we do?
can you reach the motor and lay your hand on it and see if it humms when it try to start ,, dont get hold of the wires
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no humm/nothing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nothing happened with the motor, no humm
the motor is dead ,,, you will have to replace the motor ,,, the part number for the motor is 33002478 and it cost $153.67 ,,, sorry for the bad news