Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore Elite Dishwasher blew its fuse while draining.

My Kenmore Elite Dishwasher blew it's fuse while draining. I replaced the fuse, checked the line for clogs and started a cycle. It did great until it was time to drain the tub for the final rinse. It lew another fuse. What should I look for next?
it sounds like you may have a bad drain pump or a short in the wirring to it. Part 916417this pump should be towards the rear of machine underneath, take the front kick panel off and check the wirrng and the pump.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am at work now so I will try your advice this evening. If I don't find a problem with the wiring, I'll replace the pump. I believe this will help.
I believe it will probably be the pump. either something is in it or the pump is bad. let me know,thanks,Bryan