Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a GE side by side refrigerator. Has a built in ice

We have a GE side by side refrigerator. Has a built in ice maker. Recently, we had trouble where the ice maker was being overfilled with water. Therefore water (becoming ice) getting into the bin and also dripping through the dispenser in door.

Is there some adjustment to control this or a certain part that needs to be replaced?
it sounds like your water inlet valve is sticking open , this is a common problem . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are electronic and can stick and not close fully after it fills ice maker, try shutting the water supply off and see if the water problem goes away, if it does change the valve. you can purchase it at http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-TFX25CR-%3d%3di1032629&PartID=1032629 for around $40.00, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where will this inlet valve be located?
I'm sorry, follow your water line behind the refrigerator from the house to the refrigerator and where this connects is where the valve is. not very hard to find or replace. I need to leave for work but will be back later if you have further questions, thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. I'd like to ask if it could be anything else? I'm also curious if I can re-contact you to follow up if this doesn't solve the problem or if I have any other questions. But I'll accept for now to complete payment to you.

Thanks again.
yes you can leave the question open and just come back if you need more help, thanks,Bryan