Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR -- MODEL NUMBER RS2578BB. THIS

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR -- MODEL NUMBER RS2578BB. THIS IS THE REFRIGERATOR FROM "HELL"----I CANNOT KEEP IT RUNNING FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS. THE MAIN COMPUTER BOARD HAS BEEN REPLACED, THE SENSOR TO THE RIGHT OF THE COILS HAS BEEN REPLACED, AND THE DRAIN HEATER UNDERNEATH THE COILS ON THE FREEZER SIDE HAVE BEEN REPLACED (THIS DID ELIMINATE FROST AND ICE BUILDUP ON THE BOTTOM OF THE COILS). THE UNIT WILL WORK FINE FOR 6-7 DAYS, THEN THE REFRIGERATOR SIDE TEMP WILL START BLINKING AND IT EVENTUALLY SHUTS DOWN. THE REFRIGERTOR SIDE NEVER SEEMS TO GET BELOW 40 EVEN THOUGH IT IS SHOWING 34. AFTER A FEW MORE DAYS, THE FREEZER SIDE SHUTS DOWN, AND I LET IT SET FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, AND WE START THE CYCLE OVER AGAIN. THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A LOT OF COLD AIR COMING TO THE REFRIGERATOR SIDE ALTHOUGHT THE FAN SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE.

I HAVE HAD 3 DIFFERENT GUYS COME LOOK AT THIS PIECE OF JUNK, AND I AM GOING TO TRY TO FIX IT "ONE MORE TIME" BEFORE I TAKE THIS "THING" TO THE CURB.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
has anyone looked at this? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the pba panel and this also controls the refrigerator asside from the main control board, you most likely have a problem with this. this runs $51.05 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-RS2578BB-%3d%3dei1075692&PartID=1075692 you could try replacing this and see if it takes care of the problem, besides it being a compressor or compressor relay problem there isnt much else, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

not sure if you got my return question---let me try again-------my PBA looks slightly different than the one you sent me---mine says "COOL SELECT ZONE" across the top instead of "TWIN COOLING"---and there are some different icons between the two Temps shown for each side----could this be an updated panel-??-----it looks as though you put in the correct Refrigerator number----

How do I get to this part to replace it-----

If i wanted to replace the compressor relay---where is it---could you please send me a link for it as well------

I noticed today that the refrigerator side temp is showing 70 degrees down to 40 degrees with no change in actual temp in the refrig side---the freezer side remains okay as best I can tell (the drain heater replacement seems to have fixed that)

thx