Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Frigidaire stackable dryer, model #LEQ2152ESO. I

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire stackable dryer, model #LEQ2152ESO. I am having an issue with the unit not heating up. I don't think the heating assembly is the problem, I think it might be the thermometer or some other sensory unit. I believe this is the case because when I turn on the dryer, it will heat for about 1.5 minutes, then I hear a click and it stops heating (the unit is also in a dark room, and you can see the heating coil light up and then shut off during this time period). Do you think it is the thermometer, and if so, how do I disassemble the unit to get it out and test it?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.
Hi Sounds like you have a air flow problem...Remove the dryer completely from the vent ...Run it and see if the same problem happens...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I removed the vent, and it appears to be heating. I noted that when the vent hose was not connected, the heating coil did not appear to get visibly hot (i.e., there was no orange glow), however it was hot inside when you let it run for a couple of minutes. The vent hose is completely clear, so we put the unit back together and the same thing happens as before (the coil gets hot but then shuts off and stops heating after about 1.5 mintues). Is there a maximun suggested length for a vent hose? Could it be that ours is too long?

If it runs and heats ok with vent off then ..Your problem is the vent...It may have a blockage farther down the vent itself..If the lint gets condensation it will cling to the sidea of the vent pipe...It all depends upon the lay out of youe vent pipe...The less turns and length the better...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Today we replaced the entire vent, replacing the 8 foot flexible tube with a 3 foot rigid metal tube with only two bends in it. The problem is still occuring. Any other ideas?
So you have a total of 8 ' of vent pipe and still not heating..?...At this point i would remove the drum and inspect the heating coil...These units only have one heating element compared to most with two elements...