Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my neptune washer is displaying od the tech came about a

my neptune washer is displaying "od" the tech came about a month ago & put a new circuit board in. Now I have the same problem. maybe it's the lid locking thing can we disconnect it so the repair guy doesn't have to come out again. Parts are covered but his labor will not be.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well you cant just disconnect the lock switch on these they wont run if you do . the switch completes the circuit to the board, if anything you need to replace it. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= these run around $75.00 , and the other problem may be that if it was the switch to begin with the it may have damaged the new board, did this tech give you a warranty? I would call him and demand he come back at no charge and repair this.theres no way the board would go bad in a month (if thats what it is) without having a deeper problem. hope this helps,thanks,Bryan