built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

My Haier Dehumidifier (Model HDN655E) just quit running and

Customer Question

My Haier Dehumidifier (Model HDN655E) just quit running and I can't get it to re-start. It's seems to be electronically dead. My source of electricity is good. Is ther an internal fuse that can be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer
This is what I have from the manual. You may have to face the fact that it died.

Built1950

Troubleshooting
Before calling, read the following section. It will help you solve some common
problems that might occur and can be easily corrected. If all attempts fail and you
need service, please call the toll free number to contact customer service.
ITEMS TO CHECK BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE:
Unit not operating:
• Make sure the plug is pushed completely into the outlet.
• The fuse may be blown or the circuit may have been tripped. Check the house
fuse/circuit breaker. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker if necessary.
• The bucket may be full. The dehumidifier automatically turns off when this occurs.
Empty the drain bucket.
Dehumidifier is icing up during initial stage of operation:
• This is normal, Frost will usually disappear within 60 minutes.
Airflow is restricted:
• Make sure there are no curtains, blinds or furniture blocking the front or back of
the dehumidifier,
• Clean the filter.
Unsatisfactory dehumidification:
When first installed, allow at least 3 or 4 days for the moisture from the room to be
removed and desired dryness to be maintained.
• Area to be humidified may be too large. Check with dealer to be sure model is
suitable for room size and moisture level
• The controls may not be set correctly. Adjust controls according to instructions.
• Doors and windows may not be closed. Check that all doors, windows and other
openings are closed tightly.
Clothes dryer may be in operation in the same room. Install the dehumidifier
away from the moisture-laden air generated by the dryer. Dryer should be vented
to the outside.
• Room temperature may be too low. The unit will not operate if the room
temperature is below 41"E
10
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the manual that came with the unit and it provides all the same info that you provided above. So, I am no better off now than I was before I contacted you. But thanks anyway.
Expert:  built1950 replied 4 years ago.
You're wecome, wish I could do more.