Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My washing machine takes way too long for the wash cycle -

My washing machine takes way too long for the wash cycle - about 2 hours now. What could it be? Plumbing or the washer?
hi there what brand is it and is `it a manual timer or a computer board
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a 6 cycle washer by GE - heavy duty large capacity model. Are the manual timer or computer boards something that we can fix ourselves?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
GE brand; g-157 model? My daughter can't find another model number on it..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not heard back from anybody on this and my bank was charged without my hitting "accept"...I'm fine with paying the amount if I hear back...
Is this a Top Load or a Front Loading washer? And yes most of the problems can be fixed by you, Long wash times are caused by a clogged drain pump or a dirty inlet valve causing the machine to run longer to fill and drain...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, Chas! It is a top load washer. Does this make a difference? Just wondering where to start. Are there instructions online somewhere?
When wash times take longer then 75 minutes this is usually a sign of a bad microcomputer, The model number you give does not come up in my databases to tell you exactly what part to order, if you can reverify the model number I can help you better, this should be located where the serial number is XXXXX loaceted..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, I am at work and will look when I get home. I will write you with the serial/model #s that I can find this evening. I promise that I will accept your payment as soon as I get a little more info. I suspect we can wrap up by tomorrow am...reasonable?
I have no problem with that, however if we finish tomorrow it will be late in the day as I have to work my regular job tomorrow...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ah, ok, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to string you on forever...just want a place to start:-) You'll hear from me this eve...
I am here most evenings, get back with me with the information needed..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
GE 6 cycle washer top load - WWA5600
You are going to need to change the timer on the unit, this should be part number WH12X929 and can be ordered from www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com. this should fix your problem with the machine...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time!
Your Welcome