John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

U-LINE CORPORATION Household refrigerator and/or freezer

Customer Question

Household refrigerator and/or freezer
    Model ULN - 75RB - 00

I have just moved into a new house with this model that has never been used. However, although the light goes on when the foor is opened, it does not go on nor get cold. I see that the label states it is both a refrig and/or freezer and wanted to know if there is a certain way to turn one or the other on? There is no manual and I cannot figure out how to get it to operate. Please help. Thank you - Howard
[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question.

When you push the light switch button in does the light go out ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light goes on when the door opens, and YES if I push the button with the door open, the inside light goes off.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
How long ago was the fridge turned on.Can you hear the freezer fan going.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As far as I know the frig has always been plugged in. The house is just 3 years old. I DO NOT hear any fan going at all. I am sure it had never been used as the plastic was still on the shelves.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
If it has never been used the freezer fan could be seized up from sitting that long.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sure it has not been used especially as a freezer. Is there anything I can do to unseized it?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You can try to give it a spin to see if it will start going sometimes its all you need to do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where would the fan be? Do I pull the entire unit out from under the counter? It seems that there is a front plate at the bottom front. Do I pull that off and find the fan there?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
The fan motor is behind the freezer panel.Unfortunetly I cant bring up the breakdown of the unit or the model # XXXXX suppose its hard to work at it under the counter.