Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have an LG LFX25960ST. The ice maker makes ice and the

We have an LG LFX25960ST. The ice maker makes ice and the door control activates the inner workings. However, the ice dispenser flap will not open so the ice just accumulates inside. WHen we open the inside ice maker door, all the ice then spills out.

Any info will be great!

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well this is a dispensor issue, there are several different reasons for this. first off are you able to reach up and open the flap by hand? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= these are heated and the heater may be bad and this may be frozen, and second this may have a bad soleniod in it. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this opens the flap. sometimes these go bad or get rusted from condinsation and freeze up from rust. let me know if you can move the flap by hand, thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can, which does let all of the ice fall out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to replace the soleniod, you can get this @ if the auger turns when you press the ice button then you need the soleniod, hope this helps, thanks Bryan