Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am considering buying a Kemore he 3t model 45976. I read

I am considering buying a Kemore he 3t model 45976.
I read about as many good reviews as bad.
The bad include problems with stains, mold smells, holes in clothes.
the washer and dryer (he4t on the dryer) are advertised in Craigs list for $1450/pair.
they are 3 years old and in excellent condition ( I saw them).
What is your best opinion about me buying them and at what price would seem fair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
to be honest I dont reccomend any of the kenmore front loader washers, these machines have allot of problems like the ones you mentioned, other problems include boards (which are very expensive) door lock assembly's interface problems and sometimes the drain pumps, they are suppose to save you money on water (which they do) but at what cost? repairs for these can be real expensive. I recomend simple top load whirlpool washers, no fancy eletronics, you will be better served not buying them. this is just my opinion, but why are they selling them if there so good? hope this helps, thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They moved from AZ to OR and the house had units installed. This home is green and energy efficient.
they swear by them being good and I'm thinking they wouldn't have hauled them all this way if they thot they were junk?
He is an electrical engineer.
I do own an older model front load kenmore and love the way it washes clothes. I did replace the motor control board myself at about 4.5 years and have also had to detach the hoses to get change out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well its sounds like you want them so I would get them, I was just giving my opinion of these machines and wasnt trying to offend anyone, it sounds like you could probably do repairs on these yourself so in that case its probably a good deal for you, I would offer him $1200.00 to $1300.00 for them though and see what they say, you have nothing to lose, well wishes,Bryan